Obstetrical nursing you may have just graduated from a wonderful nursing program. Your faculty (or college) ready you to take your state board exams and maybe even "fly" by them with great success. I had experienced life and felt fairly confident in my skills. Pediatric nursing  the primary few months have been overwhelming as I realized the hospital protocols and figured out the right way to sleep throughout the day after staying awake all night on "night time duty." Never mind the fact that the paper work (now computerized) literally took hours!

After three years of med/surg nursing, I made a decision it was time to pursue my real dream of working with moms and infants in the field of obstetrics. Neonatal nursing i eventually landed my dream job at a large county hospital on the OB unit.


I knew nothing about gangs or offended folks or children having children!

The place was the guide I may read to show me about these complicated social conditions? Unfortunately. Eventually, I realized my trade. Obstetrical nursing working with families within the specialty of obstetrics was a dream come true. Working with ladies from each country, nationality and social state of affairs was difficult and wonderful all on the identical time. Gynecologist nurse by way of in-service classes at the hospital, I realized the right way to look after these women as they wanted to be cared for. "Resort Hennepin" chronicles the fun and trials of a nursing career. The book takes you behind the scenes to offer an actual look at the nursing occupation via a nurse's eyes.

I remain grateful to the colleges and universities that continue to coach and prepare nurses for their careers. Janet Izzo is a registered nurse in the State of Minnesota and a member of the Minnesota Nurses Association. Obstetrical nursing she is an inspirational speaker and author of "Resort Hennepin" which chronicles her experiences working in a big county hospital within the heart of Minneapolis. The stories Janet relates in Lodge Hennepin are poignant, sad and hysterically funny, but all are amazingly true! Gynecologist nurse she is passionate about the nursing occupation and he or she now speaks to nurses and nursing college students throughout the nation on the topic "Nurses Can Make the Difference."
Bookmark and Share